Monday 24 October 2011

Spooks (2002-2011)

My favorite TV series of the 2000s, Spooks, has come to an end. The series, which ran for ten seasons and 86 episodes featured the lives of MI5 officers protecting Britian from the threats of terrorism. The series was always very topical with plot lines straight out of the headlines, and one never knew when major characters would die or leave the series suddenly. Only one character appeared in every episode, Head of Counter-Terrorism Harry Pearce.


It is sad to see the series end, but sometimes I think this is a good thing, that a series ends on a high note, and will always be remembered that way. I'm glad I got to experience the series, because it certainly infuenced my writingn and what I want to write and how I want to write it. The write, ideas and plot lines, as well as the tension, was always so superb.


 
More informaion on the show can be found here and here.

No comments: