Friday 29 July 2011

Alastair Reynolds to do a Doctor Who Novel

This is certainly interesting news to me, Alastair Reynolds, one of my favorite authors is writing about a character I grew up with, Doctor Who, in a novel called Harvest of Time, an original science fiction novel featuring the Third Doctor, his companion Jo Grant, and arch-enemy The Master.

The Fourth and Fifth Doctors were always my favorites, and it was the fourth Doctor that introduced me to the series, with "The Talons of Weng Chiang". My favorite epsiodes, digging through my childhood memories include "The Ark in Space", "The Android Invasion", "The Seeds of Doom", "The Planet of Evil", "City of Death", "Logopolis", "Castrovalva", "Earth Shock" and "The Caves of Androzani", and from the recent series "The Girl in the Fireplace".

I think Reynold's visitation to 'Whoverse' will be the first Doctor Who novel I'll have read since early highschool. Looking forward to it.

No comments: