Thursday 25 February 2010

First Publication for 2010: The Swelling

Innsmouth Free Press is a great e-magazine that has been very profilic with their publishing schedule since they set up last year. Silvia Moreno-Garcia, Paula R. Stiles and the rest of the team have been doing a great job promoting Lovecraft, the Cthulhu Mythos, and its like, and they were kind enough to interview me last year.

Well this year they have not only interviewed me again, they've published one of my Cthulhu Mythos tales, "The Swelling" based on Robert Chamber's King in Yellow sub-cycle of tales within the Lovecraftian cannon. "The Swelling" remains one of my personal favourites of my own Cthulhu Mythos pieces, but as you can tell from my micro-interview, I was more influenced by Banks and Murakami on this one.
I made top billing on the front cover, which is very nice and a first for me. You can down the PDF of Issue 3 here.

No comments: