Tuesday 12 January 2010

Recommended Reading: Copping Squid

My good writing friend Cody Goodfellow has released a new title from his publishing company Perilous Press. This is his first book in a very long time, Copping Squid, a collection of the short Cthulhu Mythos tales of by Michael Shea. The book is illustrated by Steve Gilberts and edited by S.T. Joshi. When Cody publishes a book he doesn't mind moving with the heavy-weights of the genre.

I've read Shea's enjoyable "Fat-Face" about shoggoths taking on human form, which has inspired many more authors to follow the same trend, myself being one of them. I'm sure the other stories will be just as good, and I know Steve Gilberts will produce fantastic art in the interior. I mean, just look at the cover. A detailed version of the Lovecraftian mermaid can be found here.

No comments: