Saturday 28 November 2009

Stoker Nomination

Well I've been nominated for a Stoker Award in the short story category for my tale "Six-Legged Shadows". The story appeared in Monstrous earlier this year, which was edited by Ryan C. Thomas and published by Permuted Press.

For the record, the story is a collaboration with Brian M. Sammons, who is not an Australian author as many people think, but rather he is from Michigan, USA. Brian and I got to know each other working with the Book of Dark Wisdom and the Call of Cthulhu role-playing game. To date we have collaborated on three short stories, which is more than I've collaborated with anyone. Brian's a damn fine author too.

Getting back to the Bram Stoker nomination, this means that Brian and I have at least one vote from a member of the USA Horror Writers Association who thought our story was worthy enough to be judged. Whoever has voted for me, thank you. I believe now I need five votes to get through to the next round. Here's hoping. More news later if I hear any.

Lastly, I wanted to thank Juliet Bathory and everyone at the Australian Horror Writers Association for promoting all Australian authors nominated for a Stoker Award this year.

No comments: