Friday 20 November 2009

Recommended Books: Australian Dark Fantasy & Horror Vol.4

The Australian Dark Fantasy & Horror series edited by Angela Challis is a great 'best of' anthology series published by Brimstone Press. I've always found the stories to be well mixed so that a most horror readers with their various tastes will find something that suits their reading habits.

I have appeared in Volume 3. Alas I will not be in Volume 4 which has just been announced and will be out in March 2010. But just because I'm not in it doesn't mean it is not worth buying. The latest edition features stories by Peter M. Ball, John Birmingham, Kirstyn McDermott and Jason Nahrung, amongst others, and then there will be summaries of the year of Aussie dark fiction that was.

Now if Brimstone Press would only release Macabre: A Journey Through Australia's Darkest Fears (I have a vested interest in this one because I have a story in it that I wrote more than five years ago now).

Read about Australian Dark Fantasy & Horror Volume 4 here.

No comments: