Monday 2 November 2009

More Reviews

The Specusphere has just posted several reviews of Australian books in which my short stories have appeared. Felicity Dowker said of my story "Subtle Invasion" in Australian Dark Fantasy & Horror Volume 3 that it was "unnerving, horrific, and well written". Midnight Echo 1 and 2 and Black Box: Shadow Box 2 were also reviewed in the same issue, each of which featured several of my stories.

Over at OzHorrorScope Stephanie Gunn in a review of Midnight Echo #1 said that ""Cactus" by David Conyers is a story at once grounded in reality and yet completely surreal. One of the most original pieces in the magazine, it displays a mastery of imagery."

Some of my stories earlier tales appearing in US anthologies over the last couple of years have been reviewed on Goodreads. Of "Regrowth" appearing in Arkham Tales one reviewer said "Another author worth watching for; a PI takes on the case of some bizarre plants which alters his life forever. A very cool story, one of my favorites." The same reviewer said of my story "False Containment" appearing in Horrors Beyond: "Now, I truly enjoy this author's work, and here he did not let me down one bit. An awesome story that will leave you thinking about politics, the environment and what's wrong with the freakin' world... Very very fine writing."

Always nice to have a positive review, wherever they appear.

No comments: