Saturday 10 October 2009

Best New Tales of the Apocalypse (It's coming...)

A while ago my story "Subtle Invasion" from The Black Book of Horror was selected for the first volume of Best New Tales of the Apocalypse, edited by Bobbie Metevier and D.L. Snell, and to be publsihed by Permuted Press. Naturally I was excited.

Then for a long time I heard nothing and thought the project was on indefinite hold, but then a recent email from Mr. Snell informed me that this was not the case at all. Then I discovered the table of contents here and thought I would post it myself.
  • THE MAN WHO ATE PLANETS ... Lee Moan
  • HURRICANE WATCH ... Rebecca Day
  • THE ALL-NIGHT, ONE-STOP APOCALYPSE SHOP - Derek J. Goodman
  • KELMSCOTT MANOR: IN THE ATTICS - Lyn C.A. Gardner
  • THE SIXTH MISSION - Joe McKinney
  • ALL THE THINGS THAT CAN'T BE - Ian Randal Strock
  • TODAY IS NOT - Michael Sellars
  • RESTORE FROM BACKUP - J.F. Gonzalez & Michael Oliveri
  • SUBTLE INVASION - David Conyers
  • AMERICA IS COMING! - Dario Ciriello
  • THE SHAPE - Tim Curran
  • BETTY IN SIDESHOW - Daniel R. Robichaud
  • EVERYTHING GETS BIGGER AFTER NUCLEAR WAR - Ian Rogers
  • PIGS AND FEACHES - Patrice Sarath

Definitely one I'm looking forward to, sometime in 2010. I also hope this becomes an ongoing series.

Meanwhile "Subtle Invasion" remains my most successful story to date, with a reprint in Australian Dark Fantasy & Horror Vol. 3, an Australian Shadows nomination, and being read on The Writing Show.

No comments: