Saturday 10 January 2009

First Publication for 2009: "Six-Legged Shadows"

Just got news today from Permuted Press that Monstrous: 20 Tales of Giant Creature Terror will be in bookstores in the coming weeks, and it includes my first published short story for 2009. My contribution is “Six-Legged Shadows” co-authored with Brian M. Sammons is a space opera tale set in the far future. Humans have returned to Earth after an absence of tens of thousands of years to find no traces of their ancestors, and in their place giant creatures rule the world.

The Monstrous anthology is edited by Ryan C. Thomas and features a story by another writer I respect and who I have worked with many times in the past, Cody Goodfellow. If you enjoy your giant monster stories, then I highly recommend this collection.

On related news I recently learnt that the other Permuted Press anthology that I’m appearing in this year, Cthulhu Unbound 2, will go to print soon. Purely by coincidence this short story “Stomach Acid” is another collaboration with Brian M. Sammons. Set in the Amazon jungle, this is a new Harrison Peel tale and his first encounter with Lovecraft’s aliens from “The Whisperer in Darkness”.